Monday, May 16, 2011

Saavan - Mirabai



Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky. ~Rabindranath Tagore

The clouds of Saavan pour,
to join my heart's humming
A familiar perfume airs
my love must be coming

Dark clouds from all sides
come together for an attack
Electricity charges the air,
lights a series of flash.

Tiny droplets dance around
as my hope slowly grows
my heart sings love songs
while a pleasant wind blows


- Shiv

*Saavan - rainy season

Inspired by Mira Bai's "Barsai Badariya Saavan Ki"

4 comments:

  1. Shiv is back! Yeaaa. How I've missed your amazing poetry. This piece is lovely and peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thank you so much for reading and encouraging me all the time. You are an angel to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a lovely writing. ```touching```

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tiny droplets dance around - Nice I loved these lines and to listen to all those love songs to my heart.

    ReplyDelete