Thursday, November 25, 2010

A Thanksgiving Prayer



How should I find the boat
That sails the sea of life
How should I find the star
That shows the path thats right

I've got the gift of life
But deeds are far from good
I've got the gift of heart
but true love has withstood

I've got the gift of tongue
but it doesnt sing of You
In thought, speech and deed
I haven't remembered You

You gave me my daily bread
And all provisions to grow
You gave me a mind to learn
all there is to know.

Despite your gifts, Oh Father,
True wisdom fails to sprout
Like a pig I fill my hunger
My mind remains in drought

My Lord, to you, I pray
All is at your behest
So on this Thanksgiving day
Fulfill another request

Take me on that boat
That sails me across
And be my guiding star
So I am never lost


Credit:
God, Guru Tegh Bahadur

2 comments: